Holy Matrimony (Marriage)
- Can we get married in church? As marriage is a Sacrament but also a civil matter, there are both ecclesiastical and civil rules about who can get married in a church.
Age - You both must be 18 or over to get married in the U.K.
Sex - Marriage in church is only possible between two persons of the opposite sex. In this context, sex means the one assigned to a person at their birth.
Time - The wedding must take place between 8am and 6pm on any day.
Place - Church of England weddings can only be conducted in licensed, consecrated buildings (church, chapel).
- Can we get married in your church?
- What documents do we need?
- Can we get married in church if one of us is divorced?
- How much does church wedding cost?
- Can we get married somewhere else than the church building?
- Can we write our own vows?